Thursday, December 21, 2006

YOUR TELEPHONE-DO NOT PRESS 90#
IF ANY ONE ASKS YOU
PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine( 9 ), zero( 0 ), the pound sign ( # ), and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number. I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE !! The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with EVERYONE I KNOW. After checking with Verizon they said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone!!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS
ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW Thanks & Regards Harish Babu S (Software Engineer)

No comments: